Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-02-05, 12:46 AM   #1
potter
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Send a message via AIM to potter
Legal options in the adult design biz

I'm looking for some help here and need some suggestions as to my options. I'm entirely uncertain as to what to do here.

Just to fill in some background history. As most all of you know. I've for years now had close connections with Jon (bodsforthemods). I was for a long time his personal designer. I not only did numerous designs for his top website bodsforthemods, but dozens of other projects of his including design, scripting, and general grind work. I thought we had built a good working relationship and could be considered friends. This however all changed as Jon slowly began to push more and more work from me, without payment. At first I just thought it was a series of unfortunate events, and he was taking on too many projects for his own good. However, with the latest event I'm beginning to wonder what his motives were all along.

The first mishaps, Vegas Internext & him flying me out to TX. For Internext we had plans to get a room together, he had assured me if I made the reservations he would compensate. He ended up backing out, but luckily m@ stayed with me and although the cost on my end was higher it didn't totally break my bank. He also flew me out to TX, a networking business trip on his dollar. However, he had asked me to purchase the plane ticket. Only to say "it was too expensive" once I got back and he didn't cover the full amount. As you can see, both occasions could be chalked up to mis fortunate events which weren't really his fault. I put both occasions behind me and didn't think twice of them. I continued my friendship with Jon.

The first two times I was actually ripped off were for web designs. One, was for a redesign in which at the completion of the design. Jon decided he wanted to split the amount due into three payments, once a month. The first came right away, with the second coming only after relentless reminding. I've still yet to see the third. Another was for a design of a new website, in which Jon wanted to pay me with traffic and partnership instead of a dollar amount. That payment was never made and was continually put off due to a "busy schedule". This was the beginning of the end. The point I realize now, Jon ended his friendship with me and used me for continuous work without pay. Also, the start of his non specific payment options - which he would never follow through with.

Two more projects were started. One, his infamous SFW project. In which I created three different designs, modded some scripts, and implemented a design. Throughout this project, Jon wold continually promise riches like I'd never seen. He'd boast his research and contacts had provided him with stats that make money like no adult site. That once launched we' be living the good life. All of this sounded terrific. However I was more focused on the $1,700 dollar ad deal he had already negotiated and which would be paid out upon the site' launch. This was a deal that was agreed upon, and already secured - according to Jon. In which I would receive 50% of the deal, and 50% of the income from there on out. The site launched, and I never heard another word of it. Jon would not discuss the website with me again, and would continue to say he was busy, or change the subject to talk about new projects. The second was BodsBabes, a website many of you know of. Jon began to talk about the riches which could be had if we built a paysite. Dragging me into the idea I would be driving a Lamborghini within 6 months. Again boasting his contacts, and stats that would make us rich. I built an entire paysite for Jon. I did two tours, two member section designs. I built the entire inside of the site, including the update and content system. Along with an entire affiliate site with scripting and content management. The site launched, and did not bring in any of the traffic and sales Jon had promised. His then characteristic blame game began and he dropped all focus on the website. To which it sank in the toilet, to never see another penny again. My cut of the sales equaled out to roughly two hundred dollars. Two hundred dollars for building an entire paysite, tour - members- affiliate prog.

This was what I thought to be the last straw. My friendship with Jon was almost faded into nothing, and we barely ever spoke more than a sentence to each other in month's time. This all changed when almost 6-8 months had passed and I was contacted again for one more project. THE project. A project that looked to have serious promise, and what I thought would be Jon's final and outstanding attempt to make things right with me.

BrittanysBod. You've all seen her, she's hot. A true original face and personality which is worth alot in this industry. One last project, that looked to finally be worth something. I was hesitant because of the history. However I didn't think there was anyway this one could go wrong. I was commissioned by Jon to design and build for the site. I designed two tours, the member's area, and again scripted and implemented alot of the various components of the site. The deal was real simple. I was to design, help out with occasional grind work where needed for a simple 10% cut of the site's earnings. The deal was INSTANTLY suspect as once the site had gone live (and fro viewing the states, earning ALOT of money), Jon began to push the payment back.
  • week 1; First, it was because he wanted to wait till after the first week
  • week 2; Then it was because he had talked with hi financial advisor, and instead of using ccbill's system to cut the payments he would sort of incorporate himself and pay us through his buisness.
  • week 3; I was to wait 1-2 months. Because the revenue was being used to create more content and pay the photog/model. He wanted to build as much content as fast as possible. Then, once the site was making a "profit". My payment would be made.
  • month 2; No revenue is being made, not enough to for me to be payed. I need to stop my bitching because all the investors have not been payed either. I'm told to wait 2 more months, payemtn will be FOR SURE made to me end oct/early nov.
  • month 4-6. Jon is no longer in contact with me. None of my messages are replied to, or they're one line replies made once I've gone idle. I no longer keep up my work, and finally stop working for free on the website. (All I was supposed to be doing was to pretend to be britt on the forums). Jon has also stopped updating the site properly at this point, and everything is going to shit. I've decided I'm done, and just want my money for the designs (and not the original 10% agreed upon).
  • month 7; Jon contacts me, and states he's in town. Wants to meet up for dinner and discuss my payment. We meet, he blames the whole shit storm and downfall of the website on Steve. I'm told changes will be made, and payment will be made to me Jan 1st. I'm thrilled, he came to see me in person, and seems truthful.
  • month 8; Payment is pushed back a week. After that week, Jon states he is working on a deal to sell the website. He's in negotiations with panchodog and I will be paid once th deal is to go through the following week. I'm contacted far past this deals end date, to state Jon realized the bodsbucks.com domain is owned by me - he gives me a po box on the border of mexico to transfer the domain to. This is Thursday, he says the panchodog deal is done early next week. I reply to Jon saying I want the contact info of this person the domain is being sent to, so I can contact and speak with to verify details (and for my own content to lower my suspicions). One week goes by, nothing. I message Jon to ask if he's gotten me the contact info, and to inquire how much this deal is for and what I'm to be paid. He responds with "nothing if the domain isn't transfered" and does not respond to anything else I say. Another week an a half go by with no word from Jon.
  • month 9; Today Feb 4th (my birthday! happy bday to me ). I message Jon to ask what's going on, and I receive a reply "nothing, i asked you to do one simple thing and you didn't" I explain I'm not going to take this shit anymore and want the money that is owed to me. Jon simply states I'm not going to be paid, and to "bring it".

Now. I ask all of you for advice. My plan is to go seek the advice of my lawyer later this week. I'd like to know what actions can be taken against Jon for the unpaid work I've done for him. I'd roughly like to get $2,500 for my work on bodsbabes. However, the back owed money from previous projects could bring that number into the $5-8k range. From what I understand he's severed almost all of his online connections, and not paid other investors for this project. Which would bring the totals unpaid into a very high range. I'm just wondering if this is something I should actually try to go through with on my own, with my own lawyer. I doubt there is any possibility of an entire group suing, but there are plenty of character witnesses along with logs of our aim convos for the past 2+ years.

What do you guys suggest?
Old 2008-02-05, 12:46 AM   #2
potter

P.S. Aim transcripts. Looking at these, I realize my time frame is fucked up and this has been closer to ten months.

Quote:
May 20th 2007
10:14:09 PM ibthemoddog: the breakdown is as follows - steve 10 and you 10 and guess the rest
10:21:32 PM ibthemoddog: think of it this way brian
10:21:40 PM ibthemoddog: 10% what you getting
10:22:04 PM ibthemoddog: she gets 1000 members in a month
10:22:39 PM ibthemoddog: so say 30k income
10:22:47 PM p0773r: oh yeah i know, it's good money..
10:22:47 PM ibthemoddog: say half on affiliates
10:22:52 PM ibthemoddog: ok thank you
10:23:00 PM ibthemoddog: that is just 1000 members
10:23:12 PM ibthemoddog: she i think will be one of the haottest girsl of all time
10:23:20 PM ibthemoddog: 10k is reachable
10:23:32 PM ibthemoddog: alison angel hit 30k in a month members
10:23:41 PM ibthemoddog: she is hotter then alison angel
Quote:
June 1 2007
9:28:34 PM p0773r: btw i forgot to ask, do you have the payouts setup with ccbill yet?
9:28:57 PM p0773r: cause i didn't remember you getting all my info for, but i think lately i've been forgetting alot of stuff..
9:29:36 PM ibthemoddog: never asked - i will set that up next week
9:29:45 PM ibthemoddog: got a few weeks before we see any payouts
9:30:10 PM p0773r: you're not starting beta untill next week?
9:30:26 PM ibthemoddog: no - there won't be any payouts for a couple weeks
9:30:40 PM p0773r: im confused
9:30:48 PM ibthemoddog: i will worry about that when i have the time
9:31:19 PM ibthemoddog: it is on the list - just not high right now
9:32:29 PM ibthemoddog: you gonna get paid nigga
9:32:31 PM ibthemoddog: jesus
9:36:13 PM p0773r: yeah but i didn't think it was going to take a couple weeks to. if i've been working this hard to get the site live and ready for members so beta can start. but i won't be getting paid for beta. then im screwed cause i have not worked on any of my other projects, so i have no money coming in.
9:36:59 PM ibthemoddog: lord - when you realize why everything above you makes no sense i am going to laugh at you
9:37:07 PM ibthemoddog: you ready?
9:37:14 PM p0773r: ok
9:37:29 PM ibthemoddog: ccbills week ends tomorrow right?
9:37:47 PM p0773r: yeah
9:38:11 PM ibthemoddog: so hen do you think that is sent out - say we make 4 sales tomorrow - when does that money arrive?
9:38:55 PM ibthemoddog: i'll make it easy on you
9:39:00 PM ibthemoddog: the 11th of june
9:39:03 PM ibthemoddog: now
9:39:06 PM p0773r: ohh, i get what you're saying
9:39:09 PM ibthemoddog: beta starts next week
9:39:19 PM ibthemoddog: that money will come on the 18th
9:39:27 PM ibthemoddog: follow now?
9:39:30 PM ibthemoddog: JESUS
Quote:
June 6th 2007
1:34:31 AM p0773r: you get that payout file sent to ccbill?
1:34:36 AM p0773r: i was supposed to remind you
1:40:30 AM ibthemoddog: depends on if i switch to nats or not
1:40:36 AM ibthemoddog: haven't decided yet
1:41:33 AM ibthemoddog: also my accountant advised me for tax purposes since this is my own company, I should pay you guys like employees
1:42:03 AM ibthemoddog: if i am really nice i might throw in medical
Quote:
June 11th
4:22:24 PM ibthemoddog: i will look at all expenses for the site
4:22:40 PM ibthemoddog: once all those debts are paid - then the money comes
4:22:46 PM ibthemoddog: you follow?
4:23:23 PM p0773r: how long till those debts are paid?
4:23:45 PM ibthemoddog: next july
4:24:03 PM ibthemoddog: maybe august
4:24:09 PM ibthemoddog: i am pushing for july though
4:24:24 PM p0773r: you mean this july? as in next month
4:24:35 PM ibthemoddog: no - 2008
4:24:57 PM p0773r: you're joking right?
4:25:21 PM ibthemoddog: of course not ;
4:28:08 PM p0773r: well hopefully i have enough to pay this months bills.
4:29:05 PM ibthemoddog: you will
4:29:11 PM ibthemoddog: cus i love fucking with you
4:29:15 PM ibthemoddog: no seriously
4:29:24 PM ibthemoddog: you know i run everything like a business
4:29:41 PM p0773r: yeah i know you're a crazy business major
4:29:47 PM ibthemoddog: the only things this month are her server and content
4:29:53 PM ibthemoddog: should be some left over
Quote:
June 25 2007
11:20:30 PM ibthemoddog: also
11:20:45 PM ibthemoddog: i will pay out once a month after i go through site expenses
11:21:16 PM ibthemoddog: speaking of i need to check bw
11:22:06 PM ibthemoddog: yup she is close
11:22:15 PM ibthemoddog: for next month i am gonna have to boost it
11:22:26 PM ibthemoddog: especially since i have like 40 new videos
11:25:06 PM Brian Potter: ok cool, so there will be a payout july?
11:25:16 PM Brian Potter: and how much bw has the site gone through?
11:25:23 PM ibthemoddog: yeah probably at the end of the first week
Quote:
July 13 2007
10:23:46 PM Brian Potter: So my main thing was. I needed to know if you sent that payment, or could now?
10:24:04 PM ibthemoddog: no one has gotten payments yet
10:24:32 PM ibthemoddog: everything has gone back into the site
10:25:38 PM Brian Potter: Ok, I know you said the first month was going back into the site. But you said you'd send a payment after the first week of July.
10:25:57 PM Brian Potter: I'm just dying here with bills, so I'm wondering when that payment will be made?
10:26:35 PM ibthemoddog: when the site makes a profit
10:26:40 PM ibthemoddog: like i have always said
10:31:31 PM ibthemoddog: all right - i have accountants going over all my shit right now with a fine tooth comb
10:31:48 PM ibthemoddog: give me a few days and i will try to squirt you a bridge
10:32:50 PM Brian Potter: ok, thanks man
Quote:
August 3 2007
9:07:04 PM Brian Potter: and you know i have to bug you about this but, any idea when i might be paid? still broke as shit
9:07:22 PM ibthemoddog: you and me both LMAO
9:43:58 PM Brian Potter: so anyway i could ask you to just send in a payment form to ccbill to have them do the payouts? so by two weeks i can get paid and you won't have to worry about it?
9:55:06 PM ibthemoddog: i don't do it that way - me nor the other investors have made a cent from the site - everything has gone back into the site
10:21:46 PM Brian Potter: i understand, but you don't tell me anything and i never hear from you. so i get worried since i can't afford anything right now and have bill collectors calling all day. i just need to know what's going on, i might have to go find a second "real" job.
10:22:23 PM Brian Potter: i'd assume the site made like $20k+ the first month which is about $9k+ revenue. so i don't know how the site's costing more than $9k/month to run. don't you have an idea as to when you'll be paying everyone?
10:38:24 PM ibthemoddog: actually i don't have to tell you shit - i put in 20k and 2 other guys put in 5k a piece...how much did you put in?
10:38:29 PM ibthemoddog: it is called content
10:38:56 PM Brian Potter: why are going to be rude about it?
10:38:59 PM ibthemoddog: and gee i wonder why the other two investors are happy as shit and the person with zero money in this is bothering the fuck out of me
10:39:19 PM ibthemoddog: because you are the only person that keeps bothering me about it
10:39:35 PM Brian Potter: because i actually need the money?
10:41:23 PM Brian Potter: if you just told me when i'd be getting paid i wouldn't bother you. instead you keep me in the dark and give vague answers. and disappear without even talking to me. you told me a month ago would probably be when everyone would be getting paid. but have not told me anything since
10:42:21 PM ibthemoddog: give me a sec
10:42:35 PM Brian Potter: ok
10:49:58 PM ibthemoddog: none of us - meaning the investors went into this worried about short term - we are looking at long term - while we are stockpiling content
11:34:08 PM Brian Potter: long term is cool, but i need to know what long term is. im going to have to get a second "real world" job if long term is going to be awhile. you originally told me we'd get ccbill payments on the 18th of june. but then a week later you changed your mind and said you'd be doing the payments yourself. but then another week later you changed it to payouts after debts are paid, which you said would be july or august. july came and you said 2nd week of july hopefully. that passed. and now you've been extremely vague when talking about it. so im worried because unlike your investors i don't have money lying around, im in a very bad place right now and can't pay my bills. so i NEED to know a serious answer as to when we're getting paid. If it won't be by months end i need to go out and apply for some more jobs tomorrow. im sure you're annoyed, but im hanging on this site's revenue. so it's important that i know when we're getting paid.

(- no further response. he stopped replying)
Quote:
August 8 2007[/b]
11:28:02 PM Brian Potter: so i just need to know when you think payouts will start so i know what to do with my job right now
11:28:56 PM ibthemoddog: oy oh boy you got yourself in a bind don't yah
11:29:08 PM Brian Potter: yup, you know im good at that
11:29:15 PM ibthemoddog: hahaha
11:29:40 PM ibthemoddog: remind me around the 20th and i will send you some money
Old 2008-02-05, 12:46 AM   #3
potter

Quote:
November 22 2007

p0773r (10:06:23 PM): so i gotta ask, can i get paid? with christmas coming up it would be nice to have some loot since im broke. i don't even care if i don't get the 10% i'd just like to get paid for those two designs and the scripting / affiliate code i did

ibthemoddog (10:07:00 PM): where are you - moms or girls and where?

p0773r (10:07:36 PM): my apt. it's technically mine, but me and the gf are both on the lease and we rented it together. i only say mine cause they put my name as the main one on the lease

p0773r (10:07:58 PM): we're by 470 and yosemete. it's technically littleton, but it's pretty much lonetree

ibthemoddog (10:08:14 PM): I will come up there and we can talk about it - you busy this weekend?

p0773r (10:13:37 PM): ok well we can hang out here and maybe go grab some food or something, i dunno im broke. my car payment is due the 26th and then rent on the 1st so the next couple weeks are tight for me

ibthemoddog (10:14:05 PM): it will be on me my man no worries

ibthemoddog (10:14:17 PM): and we will get that shit squared away for you

ibthemoddog (10:14:31 PM): i have had to basically spend the last month fixing shit

ibthemoddog (10:14:41 PM): while dealing with our wonderful government

p0773r (10:16:03 PM): word, thanks man. like i said, im not even worried about the 10% deal. just like 700 (i think that's industry standard?) for each design, and maybe 100 for the affiliate code, and scripting i did. just want some money to buy the gf and family presents. and maybe buy a new phone

p0773r (10:16:20 PM): what have you had to fix? i know the content management system on brit's site broke

p0773r (10:16:29 PM): but other than that?

ibthemoddog (10:17:03 PM): in having to run bods steve left out handling any affiliate work so sales for the site tanked

p0773r (10:17:16 PM): :/

ibthemoddog (10:17:30 PM): and bods traffic dropped - sales dropped on bods

ibthemoddog (10:17:35 PM): whole slew of shit

ibthemoddog (10:18:11 PM): in fact I stopped paying her a cut because of it

ibthemoddog (10:18:34 PM): her site is basically paying for her server right now

p0773r (10:18:40 PM): yeah i haven't done anything for brit's site in ages. i was doing the forums, but it's just people bitching about updates and cams, and since updates never happened i wasn't going to just lie to the members over and over every new week. other than the forums nobody ever told me to do anything else :-(

ibthemoddog (10:19:09 PM): yeah not your fault - steve knows he has fucked up

ibthemoddog (10:19:22 PM): the sad thing is he doesn't even get how and why he fucked up

Quote:
November 25 2007

p0773r (12:13:12 AM): ok, well i know the other day when we talked, i said i had needed 1,500, which was for 700 each design and 100 for the scripting work. and then you wouldn't have to pay me anything else. but since you said you want to pay me to run the site now. how about it drop to 1000 now. and then come jan when im running the site you pay me whaveter price per week/month. cause i'm not really worried what the pay will be for running the site. but i'd like to definitely get 1,000 now for sure, and we could call it even for all the work i did on the site.

ibthemoddog (12:15:23 AM): it will have to wait till the 1st

p0773r (12:16:35 AM): 1st of december?

ibthemoddog (12:17:06 AM): yuppers

p0773r (12:17:57 AM): yeah that's cool. i don't need it ZOMG RIGHT THIS SECOND ;-), the 1st will be perfect cause i wanted to use some of it for christmas presents on the fam and gf

p0773r (12:18:16 AM): but that deal sounds good?

ibthemoddog (12:19:12 AM): as long as her site doesn't slide more yes

ibthemoddog (12:19:30 AM): server bill pulls in two days and that is over 1k
Quote:
Dec 10 2007
8:54:25 PM ibthemoddog: all right
8:54:34 PM ibthemoddog: before the 29th I am going to sell the site
8:54:54 PM ibthemoddog: you will get your cut from it and I will get mine and that is about it
8:55:16 PM ibthemoddog: after hearing what steve has said about me to others he is lucky I still let him live
9:07:49 PM Brian Potter: but so your just going to sell the site?
9:08:40 PM ibthemoddog: haha i find it funny because here you guys are getting pissed off not giving a fuck about what I have had to deal with
9:08:49 PM ibthemoddog: putting that aside yes the site will be sold
9:09:10 PM Brian Potter: do you have someone lined up already?
9:09:54 PM ibthemoddog: a few actually
Ok, and the rest kinda go inbetween days. So it would be a pita for me to nicely quote each seperatly like I have been.

Quote:

Sunday, December 30, 2007

p0773r (8:21:53 AM): yo, so what's up with everything

p0773r (11:48:43 PM): ayeo

Monday, December 31, 2007

ibthemoddog (10:45:57 AM): still waiting on rico

ibthemoddog signed off at 2:31:30 PM

p0773r (8:55:48 PM): who's rico?

p0773r (8:55:48 PM): who's rico?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

ibthemoddog (1:06:41 PM): pancho dog nigga

ibthemoddog (1:06:43 PM): JESUS

ibthemoddog (1:28:40 PM): oh and hppy new year

ibthemoddog signed off at 3:25:22 PM

ibthemoddog signed off at 6:07:02 PM

p0773r (6:29:00 PM): happy new year. yeah we totally fucked up at our party.we were getting out the champaign n shit ready for the countdown and when i turned to the channel to watch the count down the fireworks were already going off.. lol we missed it

p0773r (6:29:00 PM): happy new year. yeah we totally fucked up at our party.we were getting out the champaign n shit ready for the countdown and when i turned to the channel to watch the count down the fireworks were already going off.. lol we missed it

Saturday, January 12, 2008

p0773r (8:56:54 PM): so what's the deal? you haven't really let me know anything in awhile

Friday, January 18, 2008

ibthemoddog (12:08:37 PM): almost done with the sale - did you buy bodsbucks?

ibthemoddog (12:08:45 PM): the domain

Saturday, January 19, 2008

p0773r (6:35:28 AM): yeah i thought so, or else you did.

p0773r (6:35:35 AM): lemmie go login to my account and check

p0773r (6:39:04 AM): ok yeah, it's on my account. registered through godaddy, and it expires 3-24-08.

ibthemoddog (10:50:37 AM): haha ok what i thought

ibthemoddog (10:51:28 AM): let me get you the info - need you to push that to another godaddy account when you get a moment

ibthemoddog (10:53:33 AM): Here is the information you requested.

(personal info removed)

ibthemoddog (10:53:45 AM): and we should be good to go buy early next week

ibthemoddog (10:54:02 AM): sorry I have been training like a madman and now it looks like I am not going

ibthemoddog (10:54:06 AM): go fucking figure

ibthemoddog signed off at 1:44:54 PM

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

p0773r (7:49:30 PM): who is that person who's getting the domain? and how much is this deal going for, what will be my cut?

ibthemoddog (10:22:17 PM): nothing if it doesn't get transferred

p0773r (10:39:09 PM): well yeah

p0773r (10:39:23 PM): how much is the deal going to be, and how much will i be getting?

p0773r (10:39:57 PM): and do you have the icq/aim contact for whoever it is im transferring it to? would rather talk to him when im transferring it to make sure everything goes through

Sunday, February 03, 2008

p0773r (10:55:42 PM): been awhile since i heard anything from ya

Monday, February 04, 2008

ibthemoddog (6:25:00 PM): I have no reason to talk to you - I asked you to do one simple thing and you didn't do it.

p0773r (6:44:09 PM): and i asked for some simple info

ibthemoddog (6:46:06 PM): and you shot yourself in the foot but oh well

ibthemoddog (6:46:11 PM): I am done with it

p0773r (6:46:15 PM): don't even try to be a dick to me, im not going to put up with your bullshit anymore dude. i did work for you and you owe me money. end of story. im pretty fucking sick of you trying to pretend to be top dog like your shi don't stink and screwing me over. i just want what is rightfully owed to me. my money for the designs and scripting work. the end. you want me to transfer that domain? why don't you actually show me this deal is going through and your not just lying to me once again? all you've done for the past year is bullshit around and promise this and promise that.

p0773r (6:46:27 PM): you'r done with it? i don't fucking think so. you owe me money

ibthemoddog (6:48:56 PM): bring it then

p0773r (6:51:41 PM): you're such an ass

ibthemoddog (6:52:50 PM): i know but I am in the desert so what makes you think I am going to be nice?

p0773r (7:34:12 PM): how can you just say you're not going to pay me?

ibthemoddog (7:34:44 PM): I asked you to do something and you didn't

p0773r (7:35:01 PM): you also said you were going to pay me and didn't

p0773r (7:35:10 PM): you've been not doing what you said for 8 months now

ibthemoddog (7:35:19 PM): would have been if you did what I asked

p0773r (7:35:24 PM): don't try to turn this on me because last week you asked me one thing

p0773r (7:35:26 PM): bullshit

ibthemoddog (7:35:28 PM): it was very simple really

p0773r (7:35:34 PM): you've said that for 8 months now

p0773r (7:35:48 PM): you think im going to believe you're not lying all of a sudden?

ibthemoddog (7:41:13 PM): hm ok

ibthemoddog (7:41:24 PM): it was a easy request
Old 2008-02-05, 01:17 AM   #4
Toby
Lonewolf Internet Sales

Send a message via ICQ to Toby
1. Does he have the funds to pay, even if you do eventually win a judgement?

2. By the time you deduct your legal fees will there be enough left to make it worth the bother?

3. Would your time be better spent by writing this off and moving forward with other paying projects?

4. Do you really want legal advice from a bunch of adult webmasters?
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 01:49 AM   #5
SheepGuy
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

Will you work for me? Please!!!

Seriously, work for yourself dude, sounds like you have the skills, talk to a lawyer and move onwards, paddling your own canoe.
Old 2008-02-05, 02:12 AM   #6
potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
1. Does he have the funds to pay, even if you do eventually win a judgement?

2. By the time you deduct your legal fees will there be enough left to make it worth the bother?

3. Would your time be better spent by writing this off and moving forward with other paying projects?

4. Do you really want legal advice from a bunch of adult webmasters?
1. He has a very large website, which receives a ton of income. It's even listed on GTS. However, I've heard from other people that have done business with him. He spends more than he makes and is flat broke.

2. Don't know. I have no idea what it would cost to push something like this through court.

3. Possibly. I spent months of my time on that project though and would like to see payment for it.

4. I don't know where else to go. There's always armchair warriors on the boards, and people have supposedly been through legal battles. I have no idea what to do here, so any advice is good.
Old 2008-02-05, 02:14 AM   #7
potter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepGuy View Post
Will you work for me? Please!!!

Seriously, work for yourself dude, sounds like you have the skills, talk to a lawyer and move onwards, paddling your own canoe.
Crazy thing is I learned a long long time ago to get payment up front. And that's how I've always worked for years now. But with this person I had done endless work for and received payments. We had even become friends (i thought). It wasn't till almost two years later that this no payment thing started. So he had built my trust up, and that's how I got in too deep into shit with him.
Old 2008-02-05, 03:23 AM   #8
SheepGuy
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by potter View Post
Crazy thing is I learned a long long time ago to get payment up front. And that's how I've always worked for years now. But with this person I had done endless work for and received payments. We had even become friends (i thought). It wasn't till almost two years later that this no payment thing started. So he had built my trust up, and that's how I got in too deep into shit with him.
Wish I could say it's never happened to me, but it has. I learned what I could and moved on. What else can ya do?
Old 2008-02-05, 09:30 AM   #9
Licker4U
Mean people suck, nice people swallow, are you mean or nice?

Send a message via ICQ to Licker4U Send a message via AIM to Licker4U
Talk to a lawyer. Most lawyers will discuss a possible law suit for free. If your "friend" has a large web site making money it won't matter if he's spending more than he's making, you might get some kind of garnishment that would send some money your way before it ever hits his hands.
Old 2008-02-05, 07:53 PM   #10
potter

word, im in the process od contact a bunch of lawyers here. also trying to get written statements from webmasters who have seen ym work used and building all the proof i'll need. im thinking this will be an easy case to win so we'll see.
Old 2008-02-05, 10:55 PM   #11
secretagentwilly
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

I think a public trial on this bulletin board might not help you...as an outsider, my first inclination, (an honestly, I didn't read the ENTIRE post because it was fuckin' long as hell), but my first inclination is that you have to know when to draw a line in your relationships...I'm not dr. phil or dr. laura, but come on, if you're working, your boss is getting revenue, and he's giving you excuses as to why he can't pay you...the answer is clearly to find another employer...and working for yourself isn't a bad idea if you have the skills that have made the other site beneficial and if you did scripting and have the designs, sell clones of them for $5 a pop or something...you've got the source codes right? best of luck on this one...
secretagentwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 08:26 AM   #12
Ramster
Life is good

Send a message via ICQ to Ramster Send a message via AIM to Ramster
Sounds like a dickhead. What's his site at GTS? I'll be sure to NEVER buy anything from his site.