Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2006-03-24, 09:47 AM   #26
tortus32
A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men

Send a message via ICQ to tortus32 Send a message via AIM to tortus32 Send a message via Yahoo to tortus32
One other thing.

Do I need to worry about 2257 info if there's no nudity or sexual acts in the image sets I would be offering?
tortus32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:36 AM   #27
Servhot
Kids are great, Appu. You can teach them to hate the things you hate and they practically raise themselves now-a-days, you know, with the internet and all

Send a message via ICQ to Servhot Send a message via AIM to Servhot Send a message via Yahoo to Servhot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortus32
LOL!

Do people actually buy that sort of crap?

Until today everything was sold once a day you can't imagine what some web masters are realy looking for. Therefor, at the net you will find at least one customer for everything

Adult Content Provider
Servhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 11:39 AM   #28
Servhot
Kids are great, Appu. You can teach them to hate the things you hate and they practically raise themselves now-a-days, you know, with the internet and all

Send a message via ICQ to Servhot Send a message via AIM to Servhot Send a message via Yahoo to Servhot
Quote:
One other thing.

Do I need to worry about 2257 info if there's no nudity or sexual acts in the image sets I would be offering?
Well, if you are not from the states or do you do your processing via a processor from the states or your hosting in the states, you do not have to care about it at all to much.

If you are in the states, for pics without nudity or sexual explicit propose you usual do not need it, but it's better to have it anyhow.

Adult Content Provider
Servhot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 12:34 PM   #29
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
You should always be compliant with 2257 regulations even if the material isn't hardcore or explicit. Considering the the government seems intent on changing the laws, you want to cover your ass - and it is good to get into the practice from the word go.

2 forms of ID, at least 1 of them a picture ID, model release, pictures taken with both IDs in the model's hand, and the model release in hand.

Good luck.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 01:39 PM   #30
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawAlex
You should always be compliant with 2257 regulations even if the material isn't hardcore or explicit. Considering the the government seems intent on changing the laws, you want to cover your ass - and it is good to get into the practice from the word go.

2 forms of ID, at least 1 of them a picture ID, model release, pictures taken with both IDs in the model's hand, and the model release in hand.

Good luck.

Alex
Agreed it only takes 5 minutes to do and it does make you look a little bit more professonal to the models. Some might question the release but make sure you are honest 100% of the time and you should be ok.
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 01:44 PM   #31
tortus32

Send a message via ICQ to tortus32 Send a message via AIM to tortus32 Send a message via Yahoo to tortus32
Sounds like good ideas - thanks!
Old 2006-03-24, 05:32 PM   #32
KCat
With $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like ... love!

Send a message via ICQ to KCat
From a webmaster point of view, I can tell you that I've never paid more than $10 for a photo set. I don't need exclusive & usually buy bulk packages. So to match the $200 rate you're being offered, you'd have to sell that photo set to 20 other webmasters, which could take a long time. Plus processing fees, hosting etc.

Who cares if you can only shoot for them for 2 years? You'll build up your portfolio & references with girls (though strictly in the alt niche). Can you book a girl for a half day shoot, do 1 set for Suicide Girls & then do 3 or 4 more for yourself? Their restrictions are quite heavy so they may have rules about the exclusivity of the models.

As for IDs & 2257 docs, definitely get them. I wouldn't buy content without it, even foot fetish stuff. If I ever need to show it in the future, who knows if I'll still be able to track down the photographer who sold me the content?

Got feet? Legs? Hose? Let's chat!
KCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 05:43 PM   #33
tortus32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCat
Can you book a girl for a half day shoot, do 1 set for Suicide Girls & then do 3 or 4 more for yourself? Their restrictions are quite heavy so they may have rules about the exclusivity of the models.
I'm actually talking to them about that now. I'm pretty sure my site isn't competition for their site, so it might work out pretty well for me. They would be paying the models, and I could get content for my site as the same time, on their dime (hey that rymes - lol). Plus I would be getting paid on top of that.

I have been getting photos of their photo ID's but they usually only have one form of ID. I'll have to start asking for more. I'm sure in order for me to shoot for Suicide Girls, they will require the models to bring two forms of ID any way.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 2006-06-08, 03:39 PM   #34
emmanuelle
0100011101100101011001010 1101011001000000100001101 1010000110100101100011

Send a message via ICQ to emmanuelle
This is a little off topic, but...

As an original content producer, I'm sure that you expect to be fairly compensated for your work. Those in the music business feel much the same way. For this reason, I would imagine that you might want to reconsider the background music in the clips you made for this gallery
http://shoekittens.com/free/janejenn....php?ID=XXXXXX
emmanuelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-08, 04:12 PM   #35
tortus32

Music? what music? - lol!

Do I have to sell content to be considered a producer?
Old 2006-06-09, 02:36 AM   #36
[BV]
I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute

Send a message via ICQ to [BV]
Quote:
Do I have to sell content to be considered a producer?
no, you just have to produce it
Old 2006-06-10, 05:53 AM   #37
TDGord
Internet! Is that thing still around?

We buy a lot of content in and also shoot a lot ourselves.

We generally use Prague and Budapest but also shoot here in the UK.

We generally pay around 300Eu to the models, with additional expenses the cost per shoot usually weighs in at 500eu ( around $630)

However, in that time (4hrs) we will shoot 5 x 150 pic sets and 2 10 min videos. So cost per set is around $90 if you include a video as a 'set'. This example is solo girl/no insertion style content

Thats doing it ourselves.

When we buy in, we pay $700 - $1000 for 5 sets from a photographer. So $140-$200/set

Its not #pics that count as typically a 150 pic set wil be bought down to 80 pics in the end after you throw out the bad shots. 80 pic sets are about the max a surfer is looking for imho 300 is pretty much overkill

If you want to get into the business as already stated by RawAlex, get as much done as you can in your 3-4 hours. The more sets you can get done the lower the cost and at $200 a set you should be making a nice earner.

If you have any nice Teeny models btw drop me an icq 124762006
TDGord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 09:19 PM   #38
Hunter_ST
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Great advice here already.

I wouldn't sign any restrictions.
Hunter_ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 05:30 PM   #39
CatsEye
Trying is the first step towards failure

Send a message via ICQ to CatsEye
A lot of my bigger old sponsors sure seem to. Yuck.
CatsEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 02:57 AM   #40
Altheon
Heh Heh Heh! Lisa! Vampires are make believe, just like elves and gremlins and eskimos!

Send a message via ICQ to Altheon
Don't you have to figure into the cost equation clothing and a make up artist for your shoots?
Altheon is offline   Reply With Quote