Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Programming & Scripting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-09-06, 05:53 AM   #1
kane
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

looking for a gallery randomizer script/program

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum.

basically what I am looking for a script where I can build up a database of many different FHGs then the script will randomize them. Basically just mix/match and jumble the order all up. This will let me just cut and past the top 50 and know I am getting a nice random sample.

The script doesn't need to publish anything, basically just randomize my list.

If you know of anything that will do this (even if it is a script that publishes the links to your site) please let me know.

thanks in advance.
kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 07:55 AM   #2
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
There are lots of scripts that will manage a database of FHG (and/or HFS), but if all you want is a randomized list of 50 or so gallery links, you could use Excel or some other spreadsheet to do that. Just add an extra column and insert the Random function into the first field in that column, then you can use the Fill Down command to put random numbers into the entire column. Now you sort the whole sheet using the random number column as the sorting key and you can grab 50 links of your newly randomized list.

Old 2007-09-06, 03:21 PM   #3
kane
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
There are lots of scripts that will manage a database of FHG (and/or HFS), but if all you want is a randomized list of 50 or so gallery links, you could use Excel or some other spreadsheet to do that. Just add an extra column and insert the Random function into the first field in that column, then you can use the Fill Down command to put random numbers into the entire column. Now you sort the whole sheet using the random number column as the sorting key and you can grab 50 links of your newly randomized list.
Thanks for the suggestion. After reading this I did some looking on Google and found a good way to do this and I think this will actually do exactly what I am looking for.
kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 02:38 AM   #4
AndySvk
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Thumbs up

hey .. if you still need the work done I can make some custom script for ya .. hit me up
AndySvk is offline   Reply With Quote