View Single Post
Old 2008-11-02, 07:47 AM   #12
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmascrotum View Post
As an affiliate I'd agree - stop sending me emails every damn week!
You are complaining that your sponsor sends you a list every week! Count yourself lucky, I have several sponsors who send the bastards every day! And to make matters worse, one then sends me a weekly summery of all the emails he has already sent me that week!

Quote:
It actually took up a lot of my time prior to going away for 6 weeks, trying to take myself of email lists so my inbox wouldn't be chock full when I came back.
Surely it would be a lot quicker to let them come, then delete them when you get home, that is what I usually do. You can even set a message rule in Outlook (or whatever you use) that says "send mail from xxx or xxx or xxx to deleted items" (where the xxx are the email addresses of the sponsors). Then you just have to switch the rule on the first time you access your mail account when you get home, and off again afterwards. Takes about five seconds and all the work is done for you.

Quote:
The number of sponsors that don't include unsubscribe links is ridiculous.
Isn't that illegal? Regardless of the quantity of mail you get, I would be very nervous of using a sponsor who had such a cavalier attitude to the law.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote