View Single Post
Old 2014-10-12, 09:31 AM   #1
ecchi
Banned

12 October - Farmer's Market Day

I am still apartment sitting for a friend. Took his dog for a walk and came across the local Sunday farmer's market (food sold directly to the public by the farmers). I normally avoid places like this because they tend to charge twice as much as the local grocery. And since my friend's apartment is in the expensive part of town where grocers already charge twice as much as the rest of the country, I'd be paying about four times as much as I could get food back home. But I just went for a look-see.

Dangerous words "just went for a look-see". They had a stall selling home made chutney. I am a sucker for home made chutney, and paid a stupid high price for a jar of home made pumpkin chutney.

Then I passed their "ready to eat" section of stalls. It was near lunch time, so I got a tub of herring salad to take home for Sunday lunch, plus a side of a stuffed aubergine and some cheesy, spinachey thing with a Polish sounding name.

My "went for a look-see" ended up costing me the equivalent of nearly $20.

Then, on the way home, I realised the true stupidity of what I had done. I was going to have to smuggle the herring salad past two cats without being mugged of half my over priced lunch.

No Hope!

(And the dog wanted half the cheesy spinachey thing too!)
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote