Thread: Legal Setup
View Single Post
Old 2016-02-23, 06:12 AM   #17
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erotica Jane View Post
Which leaves me with Smashwords or KDP
That does not have to be "or", you can publish on both (I've not done so, simply because I've had a few problems with their system, but most Smashwords authors also publish on Amazon, Smashwords even encourage it). However do note that KDP will give you the option of using them exclusively, avoid that. Although they make it sound like a good idea, the only people I know who are satisfied with this service are people who think of Amazon as "God", and are flattered by the fact that Amazon sell their book. Once you go "exclusive" you are killing all other markets, so effectively by offering you an exclusive deal they are offering you the opportunity to make less money!

Also, if you are worried about the long lead time before you get any money, be sure to ask Smashwords for their letter to send to US IRS as soon as you sign up. I did not do this until I had money owing, and it takes a bloody long time to get done. Best to do it so that it coincides with the first three months, rather than add months on top of that!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote