View Single Post
Old 2011-06-28, 04:54 AM   #17
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
It comes down to a pissing war with Adobe and Apple.
The reason is irrelevant, the fact is that a lot of people use Flash on their sites, and surfers expect Flash to work on their computers/mobiles. If it does not, or if they have to download more software to see it, they will think "This computer/device is crap, I wish I had bought Windows/Android." And when their friends are buying new equipment and ask for their advice they will reply "Don't make the mistake I made - Apple is shit."

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Flash, it is too bulky and (unless they have changed it recently) open ended. It crashes browsers and (again, unless they have changed it recently) has no protection against third rate programmers doing something stupid that will overload a processor. But people like it, people use it, and people will vote with their feet if Apple does not change it's ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
So it isn't Apple killing Flash it's Adobe killing Flash.
I don't think either is killing Flash, but Apple is killing Apple to spite Adobe. Stupid, childish, and petty. Bad news for their shareholders and for people like you who love their Mac.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote