Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2014-08-23, 06:52 AM   #1
ecchi
Banned

Saturday 23rd August : Whoopee, today is the day HE comes back - and HE is bringing HIS new face.

An annoying visit to the supermarket yesterday. I had just gone into the shop to buy a pastie for lunch, but they were having a clearance of a brand of curry paste, selling it off at half price. They had two flavours, and I picked up two of each flavour. Then I paid via their self scanning till. The till misread the last coin I put in and insisted I put in an extra 8 pence. This is only about 12 cents, but I called the supervisor over anyway. He basically told me I was either mistaken or lying because the machines NEVER made a mistake.

That was not the annoying part. The really annoying thing was that I could have proved him wrong easily, but did not want to. You see the curry paste had been reduced from £2.40 to £1.20. But the self scanning till had rung them up as 20p each. Since I had bought 4 jars that meant it had undercharged me by £4, which is about six dollars. But if I used that to prove the tills were not infallible I'd have to pay the extra £4, so I kept quiet!

I guess the punishment of being thought a liar was the penalty for not coming clean about the under-pricing.

Anyway, I at least have the consolation that I can look forward to when HE comes back later today, and brings HIS new face with HIM.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 07:36 AM   #2
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

No paste or new faces here.

Doing something new today. Going to go out on a Dragon boat and paddle.

Other than that I would have gotten another hour of sleep, but first my cats and then an annoying client call this morning call has gotten me out of bed.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-23, 09:11 AM   #3
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Doing something new today. Going to go out on a Dragon boat and paddle.
Dragon boat races are popular up where my dad lives, which is not China, but the West Midlands of England, near the border with Wales. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the national symbol of Wales is the dragon.
Old 2014-08-23, 02:18 PM   #4
ecchi
Banned

I may not be around next week. I've watched so much Amazon TV that I only have 5 MB of data transfer left before I exceed my limit. Since it renews at the end of the month I may decide it is not worth purchasing extra bandwidth just for a few days.

P.S. If anyone replies to this message with the "party" smilie, remember: I know who you are, I know which websites are yours, and I know how to hack into them and replace all your content with pictures of naked gorillas!
Old 2014-08-23, 06:47 PM   #5
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote