Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2015-01-15, 07:52 AM   #1
ArtWilliams
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to ArtWilliams
Mid-Month Thursday (2015-01-15)

Hey, it's the middle of the month! Good morning.

Not much to say other than I have a busy day planned. I have to start a spreadsheet of all the stuff I need to do in order to have my house ready for sale. I've been putting that off.

Have a great day! So what are you up to today?
ArtWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 08:12 AM   #2
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Just another day of more of the same.

Work, gym, grocery store, more work, neighborhood pub... damn I live a boring life.

I've also been teaching myself how to do responsive web design where the same pages look good on any screen size. You can see it here by resizing the browser window. Hasn't been tested in IE yet though.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 10:25 AM   #3
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Good morning and happy birthday to docholly and The Bitch!

Cleo, I just made my wives and girlfriends site responsive yesterday. Great minds! Bootstrap seems like the simplest way to go. There is more work to be done, but it is coming along. The site in my sig uses a responsive template as well.

Last edited by Useless; 2015-01-15 at 10:27 AM..
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 10:49 AM   #4
Cleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
Cleo, I just made my wives and girlfriends site responsive yesterday. Great minds! Bootstrap seems like the simplest way to go. There is more work to be done, but it is coming along. The site in my sig uses a responsive template as well.
For that site I did not use bootstrap as I wanted to see what could be done not using it, but I may use bootstrap on other stuff.
Old 2015-01-15, 11:17 AM   #5
ArtWilliams
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to ArtWilliams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo View Post
Just another day of more of the same.

Work, gym, grocery store, more work, neighborhood pub... damn I live a boring life.

I've also been teaching myself how to do responsive web design where the same pages look good on any screen size. You can see it here by resizing the browser window. Hasn't been tested in IE yet though.
Looks good Cleo on my Nexus 4 using Chrome!

I've read that Google is going to drop sites from mobile results that don't render well on small screens so it appears that this is the right direction to go.
ArtWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 11:46 AM   #6
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by artwilliams View Post
I've read that Google is going to drop sites from mobile results that don't render well on small screens so it appears that this is the right direction to go.
They're really turning into a bunch of bastards.
Old 2015-01-15, 03:09 PM   #7
ecchi
Banned

I have a recurring problem with my ISP in that they keep telling me I am not old enough to see adult material and blocking me from my own sites. Normally I wait a day and it clears, but yesterday I got so fed up with it that I followed their "prove you are over 18" page. I was doing it to be a bastard, because it involves paying a small fee by credit card to prove you age. I have already done this once and (because it is impossible to get younger) it is illegal in Britain to ask someone to make a second payment to prove their age again. Also, the credit card companies have stated that they will close the account of anyone doing so. My intention was to pay the money, then report them (simply because I am sick of it).

However when I tried, it told me that I had already proved my age, and would not let me do so again. But when I tried to access my adult sites, it still told me that I was too young!

I 'phoned them up and they told me this was due to the shop that sold me the dongle screwing up, and I would have to visit the shop to get it fixed. The guy refused to do so. I asked him for his name to "report him to head office" he refused to give it to me, so I got out my 'phone to take a picture of him to email to head office. He ripped the 'phone out of my hand and deliberately broke it! Am now waiting for a response from the company to see what they intend to do about it.

I would have posted this in yesterday's thread, but this site was one of the sites I was banned from. Turns out that a lot of perverts visit this chat board and it is unsafe for young children like me!

Quote:
Hasn't been tested in IE yet though.
It has now.

The resizing works in IE8 on XP service pack III (which is about the lowest specs anyone uses nowadays). However if you shrink it enough for the menu to become two lines, the drop down on "portfolio" fails because it appears below the second line, and trying to access it means you have to mouse over the second line first, which cancels the drop down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post
They're really turning into a bunch of bastards.
Turning into????? I thought they were already there!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 03:25 PM   #8
ecchi
Banned

Cleo - just looked at your site in other browsers, and the menu system is totally different in IE (acts as though it is in a cell in a table, it does not fold into a single box when shrunk). Also, in IE the graphic only twists in a horizontal plane, not both ways.
Old 2015-01-15, 09:46 PM   #9
Cleo

ecchi
It should turn into s drop down when the page is shrunk, but your browser may be to old. I'd the page usable at normal page size?
Old 2015-01-16, 07:24 AM   #10
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
your browser may be to old
As I said in the first post it is just about the lowest specs anyone uses nowadays (IE8 on XP service pack III). I use it to check my own sites because many people still use it.

Quote:
It should turn into s drop down when the page is shrunk.
It does using other browsers (even on XP) but on IE8 (which is the highest Microsoft browser you can use on XP, and the one about 70% of XP users use - according to Google) it behaves like a table cell and just goes into two lines. That is when you cannot use the javascript drop down on "Portfolio".

Quote:
I'd the page usable at normal page size?
Yes, but remember, at native XP has a fairly small maximum screen size. It does not take much "window shrinking" to get the two lines/no javascript drop down problem.
Old 2015-01-16, 08:34 AM   #11
Cleo

ecchi
I looked at it in XP and I see that the menu does not turn into a dropdown when the window is resized but instead becomes two lines. I moved Portfolio to the end so now it show be usable.