Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-09-12, 08:48 PM   #1
tranza
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Talking My first freesite ever! Tell me your opinion!

After following all the rules of the LL I submitted and afetr following all the tips I got from this thread: http://www.greenguysboard.com/board/...ad.php?t=23887 , I've finally done my first freesite.

Tell me what you think about it:

http://www.tranzagals.com/free_sites...es/1/index.htm
tranza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-12, 09:00 PM   #2
Surfn
If you don’t take a chance the Angels won’t dance

Send a message via ICQ to Surfn
It's not really necessary to link all the text on your site

Surfn's Links Are you a partner?

Surfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-12, 09:11 PM   #3
tranza
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfn
It's not really necessary to link all the text on your site
I know. But that's a little trick I learned with TGP galleries. By doing that I increased my CTR by 1-2%.
Old 2005-09-12, 09:12 PM   #4
tranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranza
I know. But that's a little trick I learned with TGP galleries. By doing that I increased my CTR by 1-2%.
Let me explain that better: if my CTR was 5% I bumped it to 6-7%.

Old 2005-09-12, 09:25 PM   #5
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Quote:
Hey Tranza...nice looking site

A couple comments though...

Sure, that probably did bump up your CTR a bit. However, I really doubt that it in fact increased sales at all. Linking that much text almost becomes a blind link. Also, I think you'll find at least some free site reviewers have recently mentioned that they're getting tired of seeing entire blocks of text linked...which is probably what generated Surn's comment.

Speaking of blind links...

Your link on the main page saying 'forget about the samples, show me the real deal' is kinda blind too. I'd probably let it go if the rest of the site was good. But, why risk it? Making your links clear can only increase sales

Also, you might want to mix up your text on the galleries a bit. I've always thought it was kind of a waste to repeat exactly the same text on both galleries. Hit em with something else...find another button to push...close the sale!

Lastly, your site title is too close to the sponsor site title. That's an instant decline at my list...I would have never seen the rest of the site.

Overall, it's a nice looking site. A few tweaks...and I'd list it!
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-12, 09:38 PM   #6
tranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum
Hey Tranza...nice looking site

A couple comments though...

Sure, that probably did bump up your CTR a bit. However, I really doubt that it in fact increased sales at all. Linking that much text almost becomes a blind link. Also, I think you'll find at least some free site reviewers have recently mentioned that they're getting tired of seeing entire blocks of text linked...which is probably what generated Surn's comment.

Speaking of blind links...

Your link on the main page saying 'forget about the samples, show me the real deal' is kinda blind too. I'd probably let it go if the rest of the site was good. But, why risk it? Making your links clear can only increase sales

Also, you might want to mix up your text on the galleries a bit. I've always thought it was kind of a waste to repeat exactly the same text on both galleries. Hit em with something else...find another button to push...close the sale!

Lastly, your site title is too close to the sponsor site title. That's an instant decline at my list...I would have never seen the rest of the site.

Overall, it's a nice looking site. A few tweaks...and I'd list it!

Damn! Thanks for the feedback dude! Your reply was like taking a lecture on freesites!

I won't change this freesite as I don't want to be banned for changing a site after submitting it, but I will use ALL your advices next time.

And I didn't know you guys would consider my links blindlinks!!! LOL! I have so much to learn about the LinkList world...
Old 2005-09-12, 09:47 PM   #7
tranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum
Just one question, that crossed my mind right now.

If my main goal with my freesites is getting some SE love, if I only link a small part of my written the link would be kind of hidden, that way I would have a low CTR. But if I decide to cut my text I will have less search terms = less SE traffic.

Is it really a big deal to link ALL my text? Will my freesite be declined on lot's of LL by doing that?
Old 2005-09-13, 01:35 AM   #8
Presmar
My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Quote:
Damn! Thanks for the feedback dude! Your reply was like taking a lecture on freesites!

I won't change this freesite as I don't want to be banned for changing a site after submitting it, but I will use ALL your advices next time.

And I didn't know you guys would consider my links blindlinks!!! LOL! I have so much to learn about the LinkList world...
I don't think anyone would ban you for unhyperlinking (is that a word?) a paragraph of text.

Cheers
Presmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-13, 02:42 AM   #9
MrYum

Quote:
Just one question, that crossed my mind right now.

If my main goal with my freesites is getting some SE love, if I only link a small part of my written the link would be kind of hidden, that way I would have a low CTR. But if I decide to cut my text I will have less search terms = less SE traffic.

Is it really a big deal to link ALL my text? Will my freesite be declined on lot's of LL by doing that?
Well, you're obviously not trying for a low CTR. All I'm saying is that your current CTR is probably over inflated since some surfers are most likely accidently clicking an area of text they're not even aware is linked. Which is also why links containing entire blocks of text almost become blind. Personally, I very rarely link more than 3 lines of text...and those are usually fairly short...grab em by the balls...6-8 word blurbs.

However, I wouldn't necessarily recommend reducing your text itself...just the linked portions. You're right...se's love text...it's what they eat. There's just no real need to link ALL of your text. That can in fact hurt you with the se's. If too much text on your page is linked, the keyword/term anchors kind of get diluted...not a good thing.

As to how many sites are actually declining for that these days...I'm honestly not sure. I can only speak for myself as a reviewer. I haven't specifically started declining for too much linked text yet. I try to find reasons to list a site...not decline it. But, if a site has too much linked text...AND another problem or two...it's toast. Again, it becomes one of those...'why risk it' things. Especially since it really does absolutely nothing to help with actual sales. And THAT is the point to all this...making SALES

If none of this made sense...my apologies in advance...long day and very tired...time for snoozin...
Old 2005-09-13, 03:01 AM   #10
gilbert
The only guys who wear Hawaiian shirts are gay guys and big fat party animals

Too long site title, IMHO. It will be rejected on some LL's. 3-4 words is enough.
Old 2005-09-13, 04:46 AM   #11
morruga
Banned

i like your site but i will consider MrYum's opinion, he is on earth to help webmasters
and he does a good job. I remember the first mail i send him when i start my linklist... I ask him for his advice and i didn't expect an answer back since he is a legendary webmaster with tons of work... but he reply me with a huge mail with lots of good advices and today i want to thank him for giving me that enthusiasm on those days!

oh god... i really get sensitive above...

about the links... i found a little annoying all the text linked like that... but i wont reject your sites for that detail.

best regards!
morruga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-13, 08:39 AM   #12
m@rk
Lord help me, I'm just not that bright

Tanza you are welcome to submit your sites here
http://www.sxxxlinks.com/submit.php
m@rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-13, 11:07 AM   #13
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
Typically, 3 lines of text linked MAX per link. On your inside page, I was sort of 50/50 on the number of links... a major blind link betweent the galleries, the banner on the right, then the smaller banner on the bottom, and then the text next to it (which isn't clearly part of the same banner). Looking at it that way, I was able to find 4 to 5 links on the page... which would be an instant decline.

You need to have to text in there with nothing on it. Free sites are not all about CTR, we don't need to trick people to click. Make your links clear, and make them direct, and put some nice supporting text around that isn't linked to pump up your sponsor. Right now your site reads way too much as a "come on"... as a surfer, I would be long gone before I even saw the galleries.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-09-14, 06:46 PM   #14
tranza

Ok, I think I followed all the advices in this thread... Take a look on my second freesite and tell me what you think of it now!

http://www.tranzagals.com/free_sites...de/1/index.htm
Old 2005-09-14, 06:53 PM   #15
Preacher
There's Xanax in my thurible!

Send a message via ICQ to Preacher
I'd list it.

-Preacher
Old 2005-09-14, 07:17 PM   #16
tranza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher
I'd list it.

-Preacher
Thanks man! Did I submit it to you?

I'm not sure if I have you on my DB, I'm checking it right now...
Old 2005-09-14, 09:30 PM   #17
MrYum

Quote:
Ok, I think I followed all the advices in this thread... Take a look on my second freesite and tell me what you think of it now!

http://www.tranzagals.com/free_sites...de/1/index.htm
Nicely done Tranza

Ya did great!
Old 2005-09-15, 12:18 PM   #18
Preacher
There's Xanax in my thurible!

Send a message via ICQ to Preacher
Quote:
Thanks man! Did I submit it to you?

I'm not sure if I have you on my DB, I'm checking it right now...
Nope, but I look to your future submissions!

-Preacher