Greenguy's Board

WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2003-09-16, 12:12 PM   #26
xxxjay
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to xxxjay Send a message via AIM to xxxjay
sexmoney rules

Last edited by xxxjay; 2003-09-16 at 01:46 PM..
xxxjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-16, 12:52 PM   #27
EclectiXXX
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

Send a message via ICQ to EclectiXXX Send a message via AIM to EclectiXXX Send a message via Yahoo to EclectiXXX
Actually Cleo talked a bit about Geo Targeting using PHPAdsNew...

That's really the way to go but it's not a "simple" solution...

I've learned a bunch about using htaccess also to do some of this and if I ever get some time I'll get both PHPAdsNew geo targeting set up AND do a few more htaccess tweaks to really target that traffic...
EclectiXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-09-16, 01:43 PM   #28
xxxjay

Chipmunk - my bad, Marc corrected me. Said sexmoney was the bomb for foriegn traffic. Shows what I know.
Old 2003-09-16, 02:06 PM   #29
CJTraffic
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Send a message via ICQ to CJTraffic Send a message via AIM to CJTraffic Send a message via Yahoo to CJTraffic
Hey, sorry for the confusion. Jay had SexMoney confused w/ another provider. We're actually beyond happy with their offerings. What we're in the process of doing is setting up geo-filtering on our all sites. We're basing it off the language preferences that come across in the header.

When we developed our free content feed for paysites CJDailyFix we also developed the ability to put an ad skin on our all our sites. So when we put our feed in all of TrafficCashGold's sites, the feed gives the members the ability to link over to ConsumptionJunction.com. But of course TCG doesn't want members linking over to CJ if we're running other programs' ads on there. So we made the ability to display only TCG's ads when the user comes from the CJDailyFix within TCG's members sections.

Now we're taking that ability and applying it to the geo-filtering. Thus if a user hits CJ (or any of our other sites) and their language preference is German, they'll only see German banners and text links. The biggest reason we're sending most of this traffic to SexMoney is because they'll supply language specific banners that link to language specific tours. They also do a language preference + ip detect to determine the appropriate payment method to display to the international surfer. This makes it a hell of alot easier for us because we can use the same link to a specific site for all languages we're targetting.

We're expecting really great conversions as well because with SexMoney instead of just taking international traffic and popping a dialer on them, we're sending them to actual sites with actual tours and country specific payment methods. I've been working on this for two months and they're really the only player out there offering this.

ARS's new dialer service is coming along but they don't have language specific banners and tours yet. When they roll that out they'll make for a good competitor of SexMoney.

Also, while I'm kissing SexMoney's ass I will say their support has been stellar. They've gone out of their way to get me everything I need to get this up and running!
Old 2003-09-16, 04:46 PM   #30
SomeCreep
Operator! Give me the number for 911!

It must suck to live in china. A good majority of sites just redirect you to popup dialer hell.
Old 2003-09-16, 05:37 PM   #31
xxxjay

Quote:
Originally posted by Greenguy
I have a filter on link-o-rama.com that sends all my Aussie traffic to pillow biter sites
GG said "pillow biter" -