Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-10-31, 04:51 PM   #1
ecchi
Banned

Now this pisses me off and looses me as an affiliate!

(I'm not naming the sponsor in this post. If you reply and you know who I am talking about it is probably best if you do the same.)

I have been working on a new type of site (new to me, not an original idea) and I was looking round for suitable sponsors. I saw one with the following bonus:

Sell over $50 in a particular 15 day period, get an extra $50.
Sell another $50 in another particular 15 day period, get another extra $50.

Fine deal. If you sell over a $100 dollars worth of stuff in a month you get an extra $100. This sort of deal does not really impress me, but it does not annoy me either. You often see things like this from sponsors, I tend to ignore them and go by other factors. But some people like them, I'm assuming they promote extra sale drives, so are a good thing for the sponsor. Fine, no problem with me.

However, further down the page I spotted a condition to this offer:

Promotion is only open to new or currently inactive affiliates (no sales in the last 2 periods).

In other words: "We are offering this to new affiliates, existing affiliates who have been loyal to us in the past can go fuck themselves. We don't give a shit about you. We already have you on our books, so why do we need to bother about keeping you happy?"

They certainly are not getting me as an affiliate, and if I had already been an affiliate I would have removed all links at this!

I'm curious - who is stupid enough to look at a deal like this and sign up, even though it makes it obvious that after the first 30 days you go on the heap of "already signed up affiliates" that they will in future treat like shit?

And worse: If the management have this little respect for their affiliates, it is a certainty that they are shaving big time.

/rant
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 04:56 PM   #2
the New Shemp
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

i used to have that issue with my host, when they offered deals to new customers at far lower prices than i was paying, even though i had been with them for many years...
Old 2013-11-01, 11:15 AM   #3
tadpole
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to tadpole
People don't appreciate what they have, until they lose it.
Old 2013-11-01, 12:31 PM   #4
Fonz
Former pr0n slinger.

This is a common practice if you ask me with all businesses that want to attract new clients. My ISP offers the first 3 months for free now to new clients while I got nothing when I signed up with them 12 years ago when they first launched... Ah well.