Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2007-04-11, 12:11 AM   #1
Preacher
There's Xanax in my thurible!

Send a message via ICQ to Preacher
I've Pulled Hardlink Trades - You May Want To Read This

Ok, my list has been around almost two years and I've always tried to treat people fair. I've given submitters second chances, removed some blacklisted statuses and even taken the time to personally argue my LL rules with foreign submitters who have disagreed via private message.

But lately something has been nagging at me and I feel compelled to take action. When I entered into link trades, it was in the assumed understanding that I would be trading with another webmasters projects that they would keep up to date and active. I know things happen in life and business and plans change, but it is very frustrating when I find that about half of my trades are to linklists with closed submits, haven't been updated in a year, or contain broken images and 404 links.

I spend a lot of time and effort in keeping my sites up to date, and I guess I expect others to do the same.

That being said I have gone ahead and pulled the hardlink trades I had with anyone whose site is no longer being updated or cared for. I have notified almost everyone I had these trades with, except for the one that has been banned from this board. I've even cleaned out my inbox for the surge of complaints I expect to see.

If you have recently asked me for trades and I haven't gotten back to you, it's nothing personal obviously.