Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2005-02-26, 05:20 AM   #1
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Something Nice To Say About A Sponsor

Quite naturally any of us will post when a sponsor has severely underperformed or not met their obligations. I think it's not often enough that we post nice things about them when they're overperforming.

WEG Cash has got a site called Cherry Filled Sex (virgin niche) that I have listed in one of my out of the way, low traffic categories. That fucking site has converted 1:35 overall for me and has converted 2:12 this week.

ONE IN FUCKING SIX!!

So this week my hat's off to WEG Cash...fine work you folks are doing. Anyone else got nice things to say about their sponsors?

Note that this is not intended to be a whoring thread, hence the absence of my affiliate link

Last edited by MadMax; 2005-02-26 at 05:58 AM..
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-26, 06:09 AM   #2
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Location: in the Matrix Glitching on an Endless Loop. Loop. Loop. Loop. Loo
nice MadMax (but don't give all your secrets away)
Old 2005-02-26, 09:44 AM   #3
stuveltje
Live and learn. And take very careful notes!

Send a message via ICQ to stuveltje
stu expect alot of teensites submitted from now one
stuveltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-26, 09:50 AM   #4
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuveltje
stu expect alot of teensites submitted from now one
all promoting Cherry Filled Sex
Old 2005-02-26, 09:55 AM   #5
stuveltje

So we will see next week a thread from Dare:
From the 374 sites submitted to me, 373 where teensites
Old 2005-02-26, 10:23 AM   #6
MadMax
"Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometimes" ~ Satan

Location: Motor City, baby, where carjacking was invented! Now GIMME THOSE SHOES!
Well, it's converting off of SE traffic coming off of an odd keyword combination you wouldn't expect, but still it fucking rocks

I can't give away my secrets... just give a well deserved pat on the back.
Old 2005-02-26, 10:30 AM   #7
Peaches
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Quite naturally any of us will post when a sponsor has severely underperformed or not met their obligations. I think it's not often enough that we post nice things about them when they're overperforming.

WEG Cash has got a site called Cherry Filled Sex (virgin niche) that I have listed in one of my out of the way, low traffic categories. That fucking site has converted 1:35 overall for me and has converted 2:12 this week.

ONE IN FUCKING SIX!!

So this week my hat's off to WEG Cash...fine work you folks are doing. Anyone else got nice things to say about their sponsors?

Note that this is not intended to be a whoring thread, hence the absence of my affiliate link
Thanks, Madmax We're quite proud of all our sites and how well they do.

(semi-spam): And if you're looking for some kick ass converting VOD http://www.g3x.com is doing awesome AND giving away 2 free tickets to the MLB season opener in your hometown if you send 50 signups between 2/25 and 3/25
Old 2005-02-26, 10:34 AM   #8
Kinky
HEY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax
Well, it's converting off of SE traffic coming off of an odd keyword combination you wouldn't expect, but still it fucking rocks

I can't give away my secrets... just give a well deserved pat on the back.
I mean't to say NICE!!!! with the emphasis on nice conversions, not nice as in oh great MadMax is spilling secrets so uhm... what was that phrase again?
Old 2005-02-26, 11:30 AM   #9
MadMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinky
I mean't to say NICE!!!! with the emphasis on nice conversions, not nice as in oh great MadMax is spilling secrets so uhm... what was that phrase again?

The world will never know...
Old 2005-02-26, 03:54 PM   #10
Rorschach
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

I've been realising that 99% of sponsors totally fucking suck...

The whole sponsor/affiliate thing is supposed to make it possible to separate paysite management and traffic generation/ marketing, allowing both parties to focus on what they're good at. Most sponsors just suck balls and do a hundred little things to basically fuck the affiliate... tours with spelling mistakes, or that just miss the niche slightly, link predominantly to the join instead of second page, popping entry consoles, join pages that deliberately don't convert (for exits and email address harvesting), stealing international traffic and cheque joins, obnoxious email boxes, fhg redirects, tours don't work with js disabled, and then you get into the 30% average shave...

It seems you're either stuck with taking less than your traffic is worth, or you go the paysite route. I would love to be able to just send my traffic somewhere and have the sponsor do their job of really trying to convert it... but so few do.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-26, 04:25 PM   #11
Peaches
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

If you don't make money, the sponsors don't make money. It really makes no sense for any of us NOT to try to convert them.
Old 2005-02-26, 04:32 PM   #12
Rorschach
Shut up brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!

sorry but that's a load of shit... sponsors can make bulk cash from emails and exits, and deliberately not converting the surfer (whilst making the tour look slick from a superficial level) in fact you could quite easily base a totally bullshit affiliate program off those two things whilst basically ripping the affiliates... not saying _you_ do, just that it's possible. Programs can still make money off traffic whilst not having to pay anything for it as long as it doesn't technically convert.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-26, 04:43 PM   #13
stuveltje

my 2cents i have more then 120+ sponsors if i cant sell say gangbang from topbucks i will try an other sponsor with gangbang and it will sell, its testing and trying what do sell from a sponsor and what will not...but i think all sponsors can be used, i am a happy camper