Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2003-12-03, 06:57 PM   #26
Boogie
I like to blog :)

Once again, to make sure my voice on this is clear.

I can accept that "thoughts and ideas" are fair play in this industry, I really can. I cant be "boogie" and have watched every link list on the internet go console free after my site sprang up and not believe that.

Its a part of the industry for thoughts, and ideas, to be copied and improved upon. That's the internet.

But that's not what has happened here.

What is happened here is someone has taken kush's work

"a quick brown fox jumped over a lazy dog. - Kush"

and copied it verbatim

"a quick brown fox jumped over a lazy dog. - Jay"

and not only in doing so, but forgot to remove the _copyright notice_ from the page.

Now again, SERP is a dirty biz, I accept that. But how dirty? Dirty enough to break the law? Should I send 3 large me with baseball bats in to smash my competitions servers? What is "too much" ? Copyright violation? Stealing of content? Theft? Abuse? what?

I personally think that line is drawn somewhere before copyright violation, somewhere in the realm of "mimicing" a site. But I think everyone who is reading this can agree that the theft of _CONTENT_ is too damned far.

Again, hey, jay is doing what he thinks he needs to do. I can see that. He thinks he was betrayed and now he's betraying back and god knows where it'll end, possibly with 3 large men smashing servers.

Truth is, I dont mean for this post to condemn jay, or his actions, but I mean it to condemn those kinds of actions in general. stealing content, stealing word after word, plagarism, is pretty much something that we should all condemn.
Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-03, 07:05 PM   #27
MrsHackula
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

DangerDave: As usual -
MrsHackula is offline   Reply With Quote