Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Link Lists & Getting Listed
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2004-08-24, 01:47 PM   #1
godzil
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Send a message via ICQ to godzil
Link list submit page design pro and cons

i m just at my 6 th free site submitted, till one week ago i was submiting just mgp galleries, and i just have to say i noticed some things i don t like at the submission pages at some of the link lists.
and as at mgps the little guys make it harder, more then the big guys. and i m talking about graphic, not how many fields or requirements they have.
Here are my pros and cons (more cons) :
Some sites, have a full of graphic submit page, some places they put the niche recips all on the submit page, and that is if you have like 30 40 recips links you ll get a huge page.
My opinion is that a big nice gif file, or text saying Click Here For The Must Be Niche Recips would be more then ok either for the link list owners, and for the submitter too.
More of that, some guys put lots of graphics, so the page loads harder, and in some places the check this great sponsor goes between the check the rules area , so no wonder some people miss some of the rules, it s just eye tiring.
Now some of the guys want to make cash reffering people to sponsors, noting bad in it, but some of them just put a huge list of sponsors instead of sorting them nice so they don t make the page so big.
Most of the big link lists make it simplier, they keep it simplier. I may be used with the mgp submit links, they are far more simplier, i mean they don t load the page with graphics and a huge list of sponsors and another 75 places to submit your site.
Imagine a guy submitting to 200 link lists like that, it s understandable that at a point you loose your patience and don t pay so much atention at the rules. I guess the good thing for the link list owner is to take care that his site starts with an a or b letter, so the submitter takes him first so he s not tired of graphics and huge submit pages.
Another thing i don t like is after you submitted the page you are either redirected to the main link list page ( it seems some guys want to get more traffic this way ) or to a huge after submit page loaded with graphics , long submit here pages or "great sponsors" links when a nice thank you for the submission would be more suited, i mean we submit the free sites so their surfers come and visit their site too, they win too from our submissions, maybe we should be payed more respect.
saying about mgps, most of the submit pages are simple and the after submit pages say an thank you for your submission, here is what you have submitted.
it takes me more to submit to a 200 list of link list then to a 350 mgps one, and usualy after i finish the next 20 minutes it is recomended i m not talked to , as i m very pissed sometimes.
now i don t mean to offence anybody, this is just my point of view about link lists.
pros at link lists from my side are that you don t have to make thumbnails for free sites, i have to make like 45 a gall at mgps, and that submit codes are rare, i hate them
say your word about it, and maybe if you are a link list owner with a huge submit page you ll change it a little
cheers, hugs and kisses

edit: and not to mention the confirmation mails are big and sometimes the links are so missleading i have to be very attentive to get the ones that i have to confirm ( i m not whining, these are facts that could be improved from the link list owners with a little good will )

Last edited by godzil; 2004-08-24 at 01:59 PM..
godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 02:06 PM   #2
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Send a message via AIM to RawAlex
Godzil, let me give you a couple of tips that will save you much grief:

1 - 200 link sites? Are you insane? Do yourself a favor and look at the traffic you are getting from those 200. I will assure you that 20% of the lists account for 90% of the traffic. if you are frustrated, get rid of some link sites in that 80% that aren't really giving you much traffic. Little loss for time saved.

2 - While many link sites have many weird rules, I can assure you that if you build sites that have at least two galleries, at least 15 pictures on each gallery, the pictures each being at least 600 on the long side, not being too compressed, not being over 100k, having 2 sponsor banner / links per page, not having the pictures on html pages, not having anything open in a new window... well, you will get listed at the 20% that brings you the 90% of the traffic almost every time.

3 - build your sites yourself. Don't use a sitebuilder tool, don't use something that automatically creates doorways and inserts the returns, because you will spend all your life fixing return links that are not right.

4 - build a few sites in a row for the same niche, then you have the return links already done - makes it way easier to do site 2,3,and 4, no?

At the end of it all, if you are frustrated with the submission process, you have two simple choices: Don't submit, or put up with it. Review item 1 above, and you will be able to decide where you should and shouldn't submit.

Remember, link sites are NOT like TGPs... you don't just submit to a million of them and hope for a hit.

Alex
RawAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 02:21 PM   #3
godzil
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

1. that is already planned as soon as i will submit some more sites, then the results will be more relevant
2. beside the 2 sponsor banners rule i already am respecting the other ones, i thought that 3 are good. and i m not complaining of getting posted, i already am.
3. i know html more then well, and although i use macromedia to
make a form, i m editing the sites my way, and advanced submitter does not modify the html, it just multiplies the pages, they will have the same html that i made.
4. i m planning to submit only lesbian
and at the end...item one is already taken care, but i can t apply it only after 6 free sites, and i will keep on submitting to them. what i said in the first post are just common sense, i m not asking to redesign the site or the submit page, i just said my opinions and you have to admit that they are reflecting the truth.
and about tgps, i don t do tgps , i do mgps , and i don t submit to 1 million, i hand submit to around 350 , and i do it for about 2 years, i make great cash, i ain t no newbee, and you d be amazed how much traffic you d get from one gallery if you have my number of partner accounts.
and one more thing, i think you think about me like a total newbee, just that i m not, i have lot of experience in many areas it s just that i want to experience free sites too.
thank you for your answers
Old 2004-08-24, 02:47 PM   #4
godzil

just a little thought, maybe if the little link lists owners would simplify their submit pages, people like me would still submit at them , i won t be forced to apply the #1 law
ps: this is a joke
Old 2004-08-24, 04:10 PM   #5
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Godzil, one other secret of link sites and TGPs: We get way more submissions than we need, so we can afford to be picky. Sometimes you will match the rules and still be rejected.

if we get enough subimssions with our link pages as they are, why would we change them to make it easier?

Alex
Old 2004-08-24, 04:30 PM   #6
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Yeah that's what I want… even more submits.

My rules are actually looser then what I build my own stuff that I submit.
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 07:20 PM   #7
godzil

that secret i think it goes to everybody
thanks for the tips, i didn t sleep for around 24 hours and the last days i slept like 4 5 hours a day, so i was a little grumpy
maybe a little secret submit page for me you can do (joke )
thank you,
cheers
Old 2004-08-25, 08:17 PM   #8
RawAlex
Took the hint.

Godzil. so you know:

http://www.godzilamateurs.com/fs/nau...003/index.html

rejected because it is a doorway page. All your html must be in the same folder on the same level.

Alex
Old 2004-08-25, 08:28 PM   #9
godzil

i see, so if the link stays the same but i copy the content and html in each folder is it ok? or is the html enough?
tell me please how do you multiply your sites
Old 2004-08-25, 08:34 PM   #10
RawAlex
Took the hint.

if your high folder is 003 (and you should use something other than numbers, that just really shows!), then you shoudl have index inside gallery1 and gallery2 all in that folder. I will accept the content as long as it is on the same domain.

You might also want to look at varying your site titles and some of the text on each doorway, otherwise google is likely to ignore all of those pages - or randomly select one to list and the rest to ignore.

Alex
Old 2004-08-25, 08:47 PM   #11
godzil

oki doki , that will be done, thank you for the help. the htmls go all in the same folder. the content i think if i put it in each folder i will have a free site of around 40 megs :/ given the fact i have 200+ ll in the submission list for now. but that number will be cut of dramatically after i will submitt more free sites so i will be able to see the traffic that each one sends.
Old 2004-08-25, 09:19 PM   #12
RawAlex
Took the hint.

This also helps you see where the actual clicks to sponsors are coming from. Mixing all your traffic together doesn't let you see what is making you money and what isn't.

Alex
Old 2004-08-25, 11:10 PM   #13
godzil

woke up to drink some water, all i can say is