Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > Newbie Questions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2008-09-29, 02:36 AM   #1
mmatthews424
Internet! Is that thing still around?

New to this, Please Help!

I have recently set up a site, with aebn. I am not sure what to do next. Any help would be greatly appriciated. The site is http://adulthotmedia.com.

Please Help....
mmatthews424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 02:54 AM   #2
tigermom
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to tigermom
I haven't tried the aebn theaters yet (though planning on that sometime). Is this like a turnkey site that they provide you with?

What you need to do now is get traffic going to that site. It's a gay site, obviously, so you need gay traffic. Can you add links to partners from that template? If so, you can do some link exchanges for starters.

Next, build freesites and galleries, and link back to your domain in them. If you're not sure how to build freesites or galleries, do some reading here on the relevant forums. There's a learning curve.

You can also start a few blogs, either on sub-domains on your domain, on new domains or on free hosts like thumblogger.com or xlogz.com. Have links from those to your main site, and also promote sponsors there directly (either aebn or others, or a combination).

I really don't know what your background is and what your webmaster skills cover. There's a variety of things you could do, depending on your skills and the ones you want to learn.
Old 2008-09-29, 07:20 AM   #3
elKabong
And Lord, we are especially thankful for nuclear power, the cleanest, safest
energy source there is. Except for solar, which is just a pipe dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmatthews424 View Post
I am not sure what to do next.
Promote the site and build traffic.
elKabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 08:22 AM   #4
mmatthews424
Internet! Is that thing still around?

Thanks so much, for your help!
mmatthews424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 07:37 AM   #5
FuckingBastard
Ahhh ... sweet pity. Where would my love life be without it?

Send a message via ICQ to FuckingBastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermom View Post
Next, build freesites and galleries, and link back to your domain in them. If you're not sure how to build freesites or galleries, do some reading here on the relevant forums. There's a learning curve.

You can also start a few blogs, either on sub-domains on your domain, on new domains or on free hosts like thumblogger.com or xlogz.com. Have links from those to your main site, and also promote sponsors there directly (either aebn or others, or a combination).
And it`s same situation even if started to create free sites and free blogs with links to the main page .That mean you will need to promote all of them and not just only one. And about the traffic that colected that free blogs, it`s just fucked up.Not bring more than 4 hits per day.I think exist the posibility to build 20 free blogs per day and receive 80 hits back in couple of moths lol.
IMHO , i belive that shitty blogs are more than OK but on the long run, especially for the SEO , especially to be indexed on Google and not for shitty trafic received.
Old 2008-10-03, 10:37 AM   #6
tigermom
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to tigermom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuckingBastard View Post
And it`s same situation even if started to create free sites and free blogs with links to the main page .That mean you will need to promote all of them and not just only one. And about the traffic that colected that free blogs, it`s just fucked up.Not bring more than 4 hits per day.I think exist the posibility to build 20 free blogs per day and receive 80 hits back in couple of moths lol.
IMHO , i belive that shitty blogs are more than OK but on the long run, especially for the SEO , especially to be indexed on Google and not for shitty trafic received.
It is a long-term effort. If you're getting just 4 visitors a day to those satellite blogs and sites you're doing something quite wrong. Build a satellite splog and then submit it to directories and do 3-4 link trades on it (at least). You should be getting several dozens a visitors a day in a few weeks time. If you're lucky and SEO'ed it properly, you should be seeing some SE traffic soon as well.

There is no magic solution here. If you're after guaranteed instant traffic, you have to buy it.
Old 2008-10-03, 07:04 PM   #7
FuckingBastard
Ahhh ... sweet pity. Where would my love life be without it?

Send a message via ICQ to FuckingBastard
Thanks for the advice.Will give it a try few months.Hope to see the results.
Personally, i fucking hate the blogs.I was thinking that i can replace created and promoted free blogs with directories at my first TGP.But it`s not same situation so far.There are a small number of free directories who accept the index page where exists hundred links.This is a big problem.And to put the directories recips on some gallery it won`t help me at all.
In fact , my TGP problem is that i have more hits on the galleries page and not on the "TGP`s heart" : index page lol.

Last edited by FuckingBastard; 2008-10-03 at 07:06 PM..
FuckingBastard is offline   Reply With Quote