Greenguy's Board

WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses WebcamWiz CRAZY $5,000 Reward Bonuses

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2007-05-28, 04:57 PM   #26
jonnydoe
Stupid risks make life worth living

I am back up and running after almost 3 hours. Since I was considering upgrading now I am thinking maybe of downgrading and moving more critical stuff to colo-cation with tux...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg webairsss.jpg (38.4 KB, 148 views)
jonnydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 07:21 PM   #27
SmithsMedia
The poster formally known as NOCHEXContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnydoe View Post
I am back up and running after almost 3 hours. Since I was considering upgrading now I am thinking maybe of downgrading and moving more critical stuff to colo-cation with tux...

all back here too dude, I have been with webair since day one and along the way faced a few tech issues, thing is they always have sorted things out and not avoided answering calls/icq's.

3 hours is nothing, theres people who are having hosting issues the world over who would be waiting longer then that, maybe no in adult but there will be.

If anything should be enough of a reason to stick with webair, had I been replying to this thread and it was 12 hours then thats different.

This stuff just happens from time to time it comes with the profession we all choose however the trick is t be able to go do something else until things are fixed otherwise it becomes frustrating
SmithsMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 07:42 PM   #28
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

My bot says thousands of sites have been down today.

There is a reason I'm hosted where I am.

See sig...
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-28, 09:36 PM   #29
jonnydoe
Stupid risks make life worth living

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithsMedia View Post
all back here too dude, I have been with webair since day one and along the way faced a few tech issues, thing is they always have sorted things out and not avoided answering calls/icq's.

3 hours is nothing, theres people who are having hosting issues the world over who would be waiting longer then that, maybe no in adult but there will be.

If anything should be enough of a reason to stick with webair, had I been replying to this thread and it was 12 hours then thats different.

This stuff just happens from time to time it comes with the profession we all choose however the trick is t be able to go do something else until things are fixed otherwise it becomes frustrating
All good points well taken...
jonnydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 07:09 AM   #30
Sarah_Jayne
I hustle for Hustler

Send a message via ICQ to Sarah_Jayne
Webair has always been very good to me ...looks like I slept through this fun though.
Old 2007-05-29, 07:09 AM   #31
Jim
Banned

Quote:

Just the fact that you said you have faced a few tech issues is enough reason to leave. This stuff does happen from time to time but webair seems to have used not only their own time but also a few more hosts. And when phone calls go unanswered, there is never an excuse for that. Even if they are using voip, there is a simple redirect to a cell phone if some problem comes up.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 07:23 AM   #32
SmithsMedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Just the fact that you said you have faced a few tech issues is enough reason to leave. This stuff does happen from time to time but webair seems to have used not only their own time but also a few more hosts. And when phone calls go unanswered, there is never an excuse for that. Even if they are using voip, there is a simple redirect to a cell phone if some problem comes up.
and go where Jim, Natnet were offline for about 90 mins just two weeks ago, tons of major paysites were down and affiliate galleries. The way I see it is that we just have to get on with it and trust the people who host our sites.

In the past I have been very tempeted to move though there is not one single host who can gaurantee 100% availibilty that is unless you want to run Oracle on entire rack of servers as the major ecommerce guys do.

Service to me is the important thing and webair when their back was against the wall delivered the goods and sorted out the mess.

I hear what you are saying about unanswered calls though if they have a network issue I would much rather they fix that then answer the phone to everyone explaingin the problem.

A few tech issues in littel over 4 years is not bad, worth bearing in mind I am not the sort of person who takes bad service or being messed about lightly. This webair issue is prob only such big news as so many people use them and a lot of affiliates use them.

Its fixed, they were very helpful, you should try dealing with UK companies, we have to pay $2 per min for support and even then they do not fix it or just put you on hold and bill you for it Pipex being the worst of the worst.

Webair had an issue and they fixed it, you really can not ask for more then that.
Old 2007-05-29, 08:32 AM   #33
Bobc01
Banned

I'll second that with Pipex, they used to be a good ISP till whatever bunch of cowboys took them over.
Contact their support and you might get a reply 2 weeks later.
As a BB provider, they're over priced, slow and unreliable and their hosting is just as bad.

Whatever problems with Webair are minimal in comparison.
Bobc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 08:36 AM   #34
SmithsMedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobc01 View Post
I'll second that with Pipex, they used to be a good ISP till whatever bunch of cowboys took them over.
Contact their support and you might get a reply 2 weeks later.
As a BB provider, they're over priced, slow and unreliable and their hosting is just as bad.

Whatever problems with Webair are minimal in comparison.

can go one better - I used 123 reg when setting up new main stream guys, through their affiliate programme. For months and months I told them it was not tracking and that I have not been paid. I even showed them why though they have done nothing.

Just a few weeks ago the say issue happened, we have a lot to learn from the US, esp with service. One last clasic for you is a customer I have now was approach by U Find Us, they sold him a domain and a web site, the site was never built or his details published - yet they want to take them to court for in access of 500 GBP.

I requested all the paper work to buy the domain name back when it arrived they had bought some odd varition that had no relevance to them, since the charges have been dropped and I for one think they should refund him the 300 they 'stole' from his account.
Old 2007-05-29, 08:51 AM   #35
Bobc01
Banned

I think where ever you go you'll deal with arseholes but certainly over here, service means jack shit as i think as long as you're paying for something they don't give a shit.
Theres a few affiliate programs i could name that are just as bad for ignorance and bad attitude.

Thing to do if you get fucked about is return the favour or go elsewhere.
Bobc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 06:02 PM   #36
MN
Internet! Is that thing still around?

webair is the best host i have ever used... been with them for like 5 years and almost no problems. it never takes more than a few minutes to reach them even if its in the middle of the night...

their owner also beat or match any other deals
MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 08:27 AM   #37
bbwebmaster
WHO IS FONZY!?! Don't they teach you anything at school?

I can't complain too, they are very good for me and this was the only incident I had with them.
Old 2007-06-01, 11:19 PM   #38
samandian

Send a message via ICQ to samandian
As luck would have it (or not) i had just started hosting with them 1 month ago. I have two other sites hosted at Webhosttitan and was almost ready to start the transfer across to Webair when Webhosttitan went down, i scrambled to get everything across to Webair (whilst still working my full time job) and then they (Webair) went down!!! just coincidence i guess and seeing the comments about Webair in this post makes me feel better. i have also had great service from Webair, their responses have been good.

But Webhosttitian Screwed my sites well and truly, they were down for at least 3 days (maybe still are), couldn't reach them anyhow i tried. My traffic has really hurt as a result and i currently feel like i have been set back a couple of months with my traffic. I will have some more domains up in the next few months and will host them eslewhere - just to be safe.

btw. i went with Webair because i read a number of good things about them on this board a couple of months ago
samandian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 11:20 PM   #39
samandian

Send a message via ICQ to samandian
just to clarify - i have emptied my account at Webhosttitan - i am finished with them.
samandian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:48 PM   #40
GonZo
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Quote:
and go where Jim, Natnet were offline for about 90 mins just two weeks ago, tons of major paysites were down and affiliate galleries. The way I see it is that we just have to get on with it and trust the people who host our sites.

In the past I have been very tempeted to move though there is not one single host who can gaurantee 100% availibilty that is unless you want to run Oracle on entire rack of servers as the major ecommerce guys do.

Service to me is the important thing and webair when their back was against the wall delivered the goods and sorted out the mess.

I hear what you are saying about unanswered calls though if they have a network issue I would much rather they fix that then answer the phone to everyone explaingin the problem.

A few tech issues in littel over 4 years is not bad, worth bearing in mind I am not the sort of person who takes bad service or being messed about lightly. This webair issue is prob only such big news as so many people use them and a lot of affiliates use them.

Its fixed, they were very helpful, you should try dealing with UK companies, we have to pay $2 per min for support and even then they do not fix it or just put you on hold and bill you for it Pipex being the worst of the worst.

Webair had an issue and they fixed it, you really can not ask for more then that.

I spread all of my hosting across 3 companies.
NationalNet
NakedHosting
MojoHost
GonZo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 01:38 PM   #41
pussyluver
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZo View Post
I spread all of my hosting across 3 companies.
NationalNet
NakedHosting
MojoHost

Have you setup a fall back so that if one host is down all traffic for a particular domain is routed to another host. Haven't a clue on how to set that up or how much it would cost.

You know giants like Yahoo, google and microsoft have multiple data centers and have the hardware in place. How big to you have to be before it really makes sense. Can't remember iFriends being down or Nasty Dollars for that matter. Maybe my memory is fading with age?

For what it's worth I host with Webair now after going through a few hosts. Just cause a host is huge doesn't make them or their support better. Been with big companies and smaller ones. Webair while not perfect is the best so far for me. That's even with the three hours of down time I had to suffer with.
pussyluver is offline   Reply With Quote