Greenguy's Board

Go Back   Greenguy's Board > General Business Knowledge
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-02-02, 07:43 PM   #1
Davevjr
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

Send a message via ICQ to Davevjr Send a message via Yahoo to Davevjr
Incent advertising

What your take on incent advertising. This means you pay people cash or something else to join your site. I looked care fully at the terms of service for all my sites and nothing addresses it in the as far I know.
Old 2013-02-03, 05:10 AM   #2
ecchi
Banned

I guess it depends on the type of program. For example: If you were using my eBooks affiliate program and offered some kind of incentive for each sale I would not mind (provided it did not result in chargebacks). However if I was buying advertising from you on a PPC basis, I would be very unhappy if I found out that you were paying people to click on my links, or giving them some other bonus to do so.

Similarly, way back when I ran a website with an affiliate program, I would not have minded you paying/gifting people who signed up through you, because I paid affiliates percentage of whatever the members they signed up paid. However I am guessing that those sponsors who pay an enormous amount for signups and no revshare (i.e. pay you for introductions) would be angry, because such members would be unlikely to stay members for long. The same thing probably applies to those sites who pay you for people who sign up for free memberships or low price trial memberships.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:41 PM   #3
Davevjr
Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor is a lot like women. You just have to read the manual and press the right button

are there adult cpa networks?
Old 2013-02-03, 10:42 PM   #4
Davevjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecchi View Post
I guess it depends on the type of program. For example: If you were using my eBooks affiliate program and offered some kind of incentive for each sale I would not mind (provided it did not result in chargebacks). However if I was buying advertising from you on a PPC basis, I would be very unhappy if I found out that you were paying people to click on my links, or giving them some other bonus to do so.

Similarly, way back when I ran a website with an affiliate program, I would not have minded you paying/gifting people who signed up through you, because I paid affiliates percentage of whatever the members they signed up paid. However I am guessing that those sponsors who pay an enormous amount for signups and no revshare (i.e. pay you for introductions) would be angry, because such members would be unlikely to stay members for long. The same thing probably applies to those sites who pay you for people who sign up for free memberships or low price trial memberships.
Maybe I shouldn't then it wouldn't be worth unless it was pay per sign up.
Old 2013-02-03, 11:45 PM   #5
adultwebguide
Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?

With most advertising, just see if the Return on Investment is an acceptable amount. My guess is that this short term strategy would be stopped by most programs despite anything written in their TOS. Take your signature sponsor for example.
Old 2013-02-04, 01:23 AM   #6
Davevjr

I Yeah I don't want to lose that program it converts without it just fine usually. I was just spinning the wheels!
Old 2013-02-04, 02:39 AM   #7
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davevjr View Post
are there adult cpa networks?
OH yeah. There are several companies that pay people to click on links. Sadly most of them sell the traffic as "genuine hits" and rip off webmasters.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote